‘talk’ to your customers in and outside your store
WHAT IS IBEACON TECHNOLOGY?
The iBeacon technology is best explained using a scenario.
Imagine you are a restaurant owner. Then imagine being able to detect when potential customers are nearby, and they receive a special coupon to come dine at your restaurant.
This is just one example of how the iBeacon technology can be applied. We will be discussing more examples later, but for now, allow us to explain what this technology is all about.
The iBeacon technology allows both iOS and Android Mobile Apps to detect signals from beacons in the physical world and trigger an action.
AN ANIMATED GUIDE TO IBEACON TECHNOLOGY
WHAT YOU NEED TO IMPLEMENT IBEACON TECHNOLOGY
There are a few things we need to put together for iBeacon technology to work.
1. a beacon to send out signals
2. an iBeacon mobile app
3. a mobile phone enabled with Bluetooth 4.0 and the iBeacon mobile app installed
PUTTING IBEACON TOGETHER
Next, let us illustrate how everything is put together.
Step 1 – An app developer is engaged to develop an iBeacon app specifically for your store. The function of the app is to receive signals sent out by the beacon, and trigger various actions when it receives these signals.
Step 2 – The developer will then configure the iBeacon app and the beacon to ‘speak’ to each other exclusively
Step 3 – Different functions are programmed into the iBeacon app so that it can invoke these functions whenever it receives signals from the beacon.
Step 4 – Release your iBeacon app on the app stores.
Step 5 – Somebody who has downloaded your iBeacon app will receive a call-to-action on his mobile device whenever he is nearby your store.
HOW BUSINESSES WORLDWIDE ARE USING IBEACON TECHNOLOGY
a. remind passengers to have their boarding passes ready when they are close to a security check
b. send special deals to passengers waiting for boarding in the departures section
c. inform passengers about the available in-flight entertainment specials before they board the plane
d. let staff know when temperatures are low so that they could pass blankets to passengers
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
– allow fans in its stadiums to check in at games and receive relevant push notifications
– highlight areas of interest and attractions for visitors
– send visitors offers, coupons, seat upgrades and special deals
– track customer movements within stores and determine their shopping habits
– inform shoppers about items that are on sale
– recommend products accordance to customer’s shopping habits
MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
– inform travelers about flight arrivals, delays, boarding schedules and more in a timely manner
– inform customers when to replenish their medicine
– allow customers to make appointments
– send customers ads and coupons
– send customers notifications when they are near a store and give them discount offers on their previous purchases
Swag Soft is one of the very few app developers in Singapore who can implement the iBeacon technology for you. Please don’t hesitate to speak to us by filling out the contact form below to discuss your needs.